Monday, January 20, 2014

{FOOD} COOKING AT THE CASA

I've been promising friends on Instagram and Twitter a post where I give recipes for some of the food we've been cooking up here at the casa, but I've been a bad blogger and am woefully behind on that front. Someday I promise I'll get around to it.

In the meantime, we've decided to go vegetarian for the time leading up to our trip to New Orleans. On the one hand, this is VERY exciting because it means bread and pasta, but on the other, it's really hard to come up with delicious meals that don't include meat when you've been subsisting almost solely on pork, beef, and chicken for years. Needless to say, our trip to Berkeley Bowl on Saturday was pretty interesting. I must have looked lost for most of the trip. And, not having to wait at the meat counter on a Saturday? Pretty awesome.

With the exception of a few hiccups (too much pesto, almost burning the lentils) things have turned out VERY tasty.


Panzanella with heirloom tomatoes (and too much pesto)

Curry lentil soup with yogurt and mint

Baked egg in avocado


Bucatini with roasted mushrooms, garlic, parsley, and pecorino

I've enjoyed this food so much I proposed that we go vegetarian one week a month. We'll see how this works out in the future.

Bon Appetite!