Monday, January 13, 2014

{LIFE} STAYING AT CONDOCAUDILL

After dealing with flaky landlords, shady landlords, shitty houses, and high prices, we've decided to stay put in our condo. Aside from the noise from upstairs and the parking lot next door, it's really a great condo and is the space is perfect for the two of us.

Well, almost perfect.

You see, we don't do such a great job sharing an office, nevermind sharing a desk. Even though I'm the one who works from home, the desk was set up the way that Alan likes it and I felt like we were doing a bad job at accommodating one another. I actually haven't been working at the desk since some time in mid-November.

Once we decided that we're going to stay, I realized this would have to be a major change in order to make us get along better, and be more productive. While you'd think because I work from home every day I'd get the office, the truth of the matter is, it's pretty cluttered with stuff and I actually didn't want the space. Alan doesn't seem to mind the clutter but it drives me freaking insane. So, I've created an office nook in the living room. It's a corner we weren't using, so I don't feel like I've lost anything by moving in to this space. And I don't mind having a small work area. I actually don't need a large work space - just a space that is all mine where any mess that exists is my mess only.

I'm still getting it all set up, but in the meantime, here's a sneak peek of one of the new elements.