Tuesday, December 04, 2012

CHRISTMAS PHOTO SHOOT GONE WRONG

Last night we tried to take pictures for our Christmas card. Since this will be our last year in this house, I wanted one of us - with Dakota - in front of the tree. You'd think that would be easy, right? Especially since I have a nice camera and a tripod? Well, you'd be wrong.

First off, the damn cat wouldn't cooperate. She was quite vocal in her displeasure at being held for the picture. Also, we decided to wear heavy gray sweaters. By the tenth picture I was sweaty ... and glistening. It was, in a word, gross. You can see the sheen in several of the pictures.

Of all of them that we took only two were even remotely useable but they were far from ideal.


I'm having a really hard time coming to terms with the fact that I gained back the 30 pounds I lost while we were eating Paleo. I'm carrying the bulk of the weight in my face, gut, back, and ass, which makes for pretty unflattering traditionally posed pictures. On the other hand, I'm really enjoying all of the food we've been eating, and I'm not really experiencing a ton of GERD problems, so it's a trade-off I guess I'm willing to accept. I just wish my genetics had me much taller and thinner. :-)