Sunday, May 20, 2012

A PICTURE IS WORTH 1000 WORDS

We finally wrapped on the Ohio house last week. From late January to mid-May, our lives were consumed with the drama surrounding the selling company's inability to get its act together. We were frustrated, annoyed, angry, and downtrodden. We kept saying that someday all the hassle would be a distant memory and a story we could rehash and laugh about. "Remember that time we bought a house from a company that outsourced to India and it took the whole first half of the year?" "Yeah, that was a doozy." I had thought it'd be a long, long time before the bad taste wore off, but I can safely say that I have just seen a picture that makes it all so worth it.


I love everything about this picture of my niece and nephew. I'm smiling from ear to ear right now. I love the expressions on their faces - lil bro triumphant with the hose, big sis running for cover squealing.

A backyard to play safely in is one of best things about childhood and something I think a lot of people take for granted. But when your kids can't go outside and play because they'll run into the street, or down to the creek, it becomes a luxury to have space for your kids to play.

I am so thankful that we have established a life for ourselves that could afford us to do this for my sister and her family. I'm a pretty cynical gal and not much warms my cold black heart but this? This does a thousand times over.

2 comments:

  1. laura waldon3:51 PM

    This picture is priceless.  It is so cute.  They are going to have so many happy memories here.  I'm so happy for everyone. :)  Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I can see how it would :) 
    What a wonderful thing to do for your family. 

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ....