Friday, August 16, 2013

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS ON THE BEDROOM

Yesterday on Twitter I said that I wanted to stay away from Ikea for our bedroom, since with the purchase of our Pottery Barn bed I was attempting to go with a more refined, adult style in that space. And then I realized ... almost everything else in that room is already from Ikea.


So really, what's one more damn bit of Ikea? I mean, if I'm being honest, I do love how cheap everything is. And since we are planning on moving in a bit, it's not like I'm looking for an antique heirloom. I just want something larger than what we have now that fits more with the scale of the bed. I'm thinking the Malm series, but not as-is. I'd want to hack it somehow. I'm thinking big, bold gold handles. Or maybe some overlays.  I must think on this.