Thursday, September 18, 2014

What I Read This Week

Last week I promised that every Friday I'd share interesting articles or tidbits I found on the web. Below is this week's roundup. I think it's safe to say I have eclectic tastes.

The Return of the Perm - Fashionista

Scotland's Vote Could Bring Big Changes To England, Wales, N. Ireland - NPR

A Kingdom Still Whole, but Far From United - The New York Times

A Show of Stevie Nicks Portraits by Stevie Nicks - The New York Times

Furnishing our tiny barn apartment - NewlyWoodwards

Amazon's new Family Library feature lets you share purchases as a household - The Verge

How Gangs Took Over Prisons - The Atlantic

15 Top-Notch Spots to Drink Beer Outdoors in the East Bay - bay area bites

A Definitive Ranking of Every Character on 'The West Wing' - The Wire

And ... the San Jose Mercury News included one of my Instagram pics in its article about local reactions to the historic vote for Scotland's independence.

Scotland's #IndyRef in S.F. Bay Area, beyond: Social media reaction - San Jose Mercury News

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for including us. I couldn't make it past the first link - perms? Back? Say it ain't so. My 2nd grade perm (channeling Little Orphan Annie) is screaming NOOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, they're back and a number of Hollywood starlets are rocking them.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ....