Friday, September 19, 2014

Got My Hairs Did

Since I'm supposed to get out and walk every day to help in my healing, I figured now was as good a time as any to walk to the salon over on Lakeshore and ask them how much they charged for a cut and color. The receptionist gave me their prices (very reasonable) and told me they could fit me in today. I left with an appointment to return at 3 p.m.

Since I had two hours to kill I did what any sane person would do and walked half a block to the AT&T store and put myself in line for the iPhone 6. An hour and twenty minutes later I left the store the proud new owner of a beautiful new device. I'm hoping it holds its battery better than my three year old iPhone 5.

Then it was time for the salon.

My new hairdresser Eric asked me what I wanted as he looked at my current hair in dismay. I felt like I had to explain to him what was going on with the mop on my head. I explained that I wanted luscious, deep chocolate brown locks and he proceeded to tell me that my hair was basically fried and recommended that I go a little shorter than I had anticipated. Agreed on this approach we got started.

brownhairaveda

After a full permanent color, we also did a toner to make sure that the color was as deep as I had wanted. While the toner was doing its job, I showed him my hair inspiration board on Pinterest. It's kind of all over the place, but I did have some hair cuts in there that I knew I could live with and that would look good with this color. Cut decided, he rinsed my hair and we got to work. The result?

hair2aveda

I'm pretty much in love. Thanks Izek Salon Spa!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. OH wow that cut (and colour!) looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I was fairly confident in the color having had it before, but the cut was a leap of faith.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ....