Thursday, August 09, 2012

WAINSCOTING IN THE BATHROOM

In November 2010, during Thanksgiving break, we painted the bathroom a combination of bright white and zinc, and added some trim around the middle. The goal was always to create some faux wainscoting but for several reasons we never found the time or motivation to do so. Well, we have managed to free up some time this summer and Alan has been hard at work on projects around the casa. When he asked me what I wanted him to work on, finishing this project was in the top three of my requests.

We're not done yet - more white paint! - but it's coming along beautifully. As I took a bath last night I kept starting at the new architectural details and thinking how happy they made me. What was once a terrible (and cheap!) 80s bathroom remodel is starting to have a bit of character and loveliness. And that makes me smile.


3 comments:

  1. I love the fabric of your cafe curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell anyone but they are napkins from Cost Plus World Market. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!  It is so lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ....