Saturday, August 25, 2012

SCENES FROM LAST WEEKEND

I'm working this weekend so there's nothing all that exciting on the docket around these parts. But last weekend? Well, that was a doozy.

My friend Stephanie and her fiance Adam showed up at our house at around 10:30 a.m. and we drove out to Tomales Bay for an oyster barbecue. Most people like going to Hog Island Oyster Company, but I've never been able to get reservations there because I can't plan a weekend jaunt like this six months in advance, so we always stop at Tomales Bay Oyster Company. It was a madhouse by the time we showed up just before noon. We finally found a table and got our oyster on.








After we were done eating we walked along the bay to a broken down abandoned dock for some relaxing and sunbathing. I was starting to feel the effects of the beer and sun and I may have impaled my toe on a branch. Alan reports that I also fell. I don't remember this. At one point Adam asked Stephanie if I've always been such a klutz. Sadly, the answer is yes. My BFF Heather and I are among the klutziest people we both know. On the way back to the car my flipflops were wet from jumping over a small stream (I do not have hops). Unfortunately my foot spun in my shoe and I went down on the asphalt on my right knee. I maintain that I would have fallen even if I hadn't been drinking. Those of you who follow me on Instagram have seen the results of that folly. I am a menace.