Friday, June 08, 2012

KITCHEN CABINETS

You know how I've been talking for awhile about doing a makeover on the kitchen cabinets? Well, that might have to come sooner rather than later because last night while making dinner I noticed that the paint is peeling off one of the cabinets. Like, just coming away as if we'd never sanded, or used primer, or any of the other prep we did to make sure that wouldn't happen. Not cool, not cool at all.

I showed Alan a picture of a light gray kitchen a couple of weeks ago and he said he liked it (better than the black bottom cabinets and white uppers). So, perhaps we go that route? The thing is, I'm not sure it works with our reddish flooring. But ... our flooring is cracked and coming up in spaces so maybe we just go whole hog and do the flooring, the cabinets, the countertops, the sink, and a fan? God, I don't even want to think about how much that will cost.




Source: letwhylead.com via Cate on Pinterest


Source: decorpad.com via Abby on Pinterest


Source: isuwannee.com via Kippy on Pinterest
















Looking at these pictures I notice that with the exception of the brick, all have wood floors. Interesting. Apparently that's a style I'm drawn to (and didn't know).