Saturday, January 28, 2012

ANOTHER TV POST

Through the years we've established two things:

(1) I love TV
(2) I love historical romance novels

In fact, in 2012 alone I've read at least ten of them. I love nothing more than getting lost in the world, imagining the fine ladies and grand gentleman - the houses, the decor, the dress, the manners. So it made perfect sense that I'd fall head over heels in love with Downton Abbey. Unfortunately I couldn't find it anywhere on our cable. I'm not even sure we get BBC (although we do get more sports channels than any one person should care about - when will cable companies start offering a la carte packages?!) so I hadn't been able to see it.

Until now, that is.

Alan is hanging out with friends tonight and I'm feeling under the weather so I stayed in. I was going to rent Jane Eyre, but that doesn't seem available On Demand anymore, so I was trying to figure out what to do. Then I decided I just needed to suck it up and pay the $14.99 to watch all of Season 1 on iTunes. I'm 40 minutes in to the first episode and I'm in love. It's everything I imagined life like this would be when we stayed at Ashford Castle in 2009.

If you're at all a fan of period dramas, you have to watch. I implore you.