Thursday, August 04, 2011

Pinterest Confession

I have a problem with Pinterest. Like many of you, I am obsessed. When I can't sleep I spend hours upon hours repinning things I love. I remember the first night I had my invite - right after it launched - I was like a kid in a candy store. Do you all know that commercial for AT&T's (I think) high-speed internet access where the guy reaches the end of the Internet. Well, that first night I reached the end of Pinterest and I kept hoping that more and more new people would join so that I could resume my pinning obsession.

But um, what's the deal with all the little x's instead of my beautiful pins?


Is it because of Pinterest's ongoing server problems or is it something to do with the original picture. Inquiring minds want to know.

As much as I love Pinterest, I hate when things that should be nice and orderly are thrown out of whack and those little empty boxes are giving me some OCD issues. I'm ready to start deleting those pins just so my boards look all nice and pretty and organized.

In the meantime, are you on Pinterest? If so, lemme know so I can check out what you find lovely and inspirational.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Becky!  I'm Heather, and was ruledbymercury back in the CC days.  I started following you (and others) when everyone posted their blog urls in the new WC/CC/LJ FB group (that's a lot of acronyms...).

    Anyways, I am on Pinterest too and love it.  I use it to help me plan themed parties, helping a friend brainstorm on her wedding, and then of course decorating, crafts, recipes.  We have a big office holiday decorating contest at work every year and just decided on this year's theme, so it's helping me with ideas for that too!  It's endlessly useful.  You can find me under "ruledbymercury" over there if you want to follow my pins.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever threw parties, Pinterest would be excellent for that!

    Okay, this is going to sound dumb - how do I find you on Pinterest. The search function doesn't bring up your username. I just usually follow people that follow me - I've never actually sought anyone out.

    ReplyDelete
  3.  I think you just added me back, so no worries.  Just in case, here's a link:

    http://pinterest.com/ruledbymercury/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. I am having a total dunce moment. Of course it makes sense that I'd just add your username since that is how my own is. *face*palm*

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ....