Wednesday, July 13, 2011

10th Wedding Anniversary Trip

So, I'm kind of obsessed with the idea of going back to Maui for our 10th wedding anniversary. If we did, I think I'd want to go to the Old Lahaina Luau again - we had a table at the front reserved for us and all of our wedding guests and it was just an amazing day. I think I'd like to relive that. I don't think it'd be responsible of us to stay at the Kea Lani again (although we did say we'd splurge for it on our 10th anniversary - how far away that seemed at the time), but I could see us heading back to the Kapalua Bay Villas where we stayed for our fifth wedding anniversary. Our unit had the most amazing view - I would sit in the chairs in the bedroom and watch the humpback whales breach off the coast.


The other plus was that it was a short drive (I hear they've now put in a walking path) to Kapalua Bay and then Napili Bay. We spent some time at each area snorkeling or watching the sun set.


I don't think we'll ever go back and do the Road to Hana, so I'm glad we were able to climb over the boulders at  Blue Pool for a swim in the waterfall.

2 comments:

  1. Linda Roos9:16 AM

    Hawaii looks awesome! Great idea to retrace the steps of your honeymoon.
    We said were were going to do that when we were actually on the honeymoon (Thailand). Later those plans were changed into NYC. A few months those plans were changed into Milano due to finances. LOL, so much for splurging on the 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We said we were going to go back to the Kea Lani where we were married. At $359/night + tax and resort fees that just isn't feasible. Maybe if we were only taking one vacation a year, but we've got Tofino and New Orleans coming up as well so it makes sense to be more economical (although I can hardly claim to be doing this on the cheap - the condos we're looking at up in Kapalua are still about $275/night).

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ....