Monday, June 20, 2011

office decor shenanigans

Back in February when I got my job and learned that I'd be working from home 90% of the time, I quickly began setting up a dedicated work space that would be conducive to actually doing work. You may remember that I did a lot of shopping for furniture and accessories but never really found what I was looking for. In the end, I went shopping in my house and ended up using a white shabby chic table we had in the back bedroom as my desk space.

Before
I always knew it wasn't a long-term solution, but I didn't really know when I'd get around to setting up a proper space. As the weeks went by I realized that the small table just wasn't going to cut it and that I needed a proper office chair. Over time I took the big brown leather office chair from Alan and he's been using one of our dining room chairs. He took an antique walnut secretary chair his dad gave us in to a fancy woodworker to get it fixed but it's been weeks and we haven't heard back from him. It's been slow going, but I just couldn't live with the tiny table anymore.

And so today we bought a new desk for me. Well, it's not really a desk. It's a dining room table that we got on clearance at Ikea. We'd seen it about 1.5 months ago but it was a bit more than either of us wanted to spend. We went today and it was marked down to around $130 (can't remember the actual cost). Unfortunately I can't find a picture of it online anywhere. Strange. I'll take pictures at some point this week - as soon as I clean up the office so we don't look like heathen slobs.