So far, there are some definite upsides to being an at-home worker:
- Save on dry cleaning bills
- Eating leftovers for lunch isn't a big deal because they're right there in my kitchen
- I get to spend more time with the cat (her behavior has improved tremendously since I've been home)
- I can sign for wine shipments
- I don't have to pay for parking or BART anymore
- Heck! I don't have to ride BART anymore (this is huge as I loathe public transportation and the unwashed masses)
- When I close down for the day, my day is over (see commute above)
- I can spend more time cooking great dinners
In fact, I have carnitas in the oven right now, where they'll cook for the next 6-8 hours until the meat's so tender you could weep.
The one downside to working from home that I can already see?
Our heating bill is going to go up. It's damn cold in this house right now.