Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Strawberry Season

The thing I love most about mid-June is the profusion of fresh fruits available not only at the local farmer's market, but also in your standard grocery stores. The downside to this abundance is that most of the fruit comes packaged in giant cartons, and with just Alan and me to cook for, it's hard to use it all quickly. And let's be honest, fresh fruit does not stay good very long. In fact, I bought a flat of strawberries from Trader Joe's on Monday afternoon - the fruit was bright red, unblemished, and bursting with juice. By Tuesday morning they were turning a darker shade of red, had some soft spots, and I could tell they weren't long for this world. Unfortunately, I still had about 25 strawberries left to use somehow before they all went to waste. So I decided to great creative.

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Processed with VSCOcam with t1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with t1 preset Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

What's your favorite strawberry recipe?