Tuesday, January 01, 2013

BACK TO REALITY

I haven't felt like writing since we got home on Saturday because life has been rather stressful. While I am falling asleep on the couch watching How I Met Your Mother episodes, I'm waking up pretty routinely around 3 a.m. every morning. I'm also having digestive issues that I'm pretty certain are related to my stress. To go from Tofino to Oakland is pretty jarring. I had a panic attack in Whole Foods the other day because there were so many people and so much noise. A lot of people on Facebook that I've known since ... 2001 or so ... remarked that the photos I was posting there during our trip were the most relaxed I'd ever looked in all of the time they've known me. I had hoped that would carry over for at least a couple of weeks, but unfortunately it hasn't. Hoping to capture the magic of Tofino I went through all the photos on my camera card while sitting on the couch snuggled up in a quilt and my red flannel sister wife night shirt.

Here are a few of my favorites so far (the rest are still uploading).













I'm going to need to look at these photos a lot in the coming weeks as we try to find a new place to call home. This weekend we looked at several places but for one reason or another none of them worked. There was one loft that would have been the perfect space for us, but unfortunately the building was undergoing major renovations (removing and replacing all of the stucco), which meant the guest bedroom and master bedroom windows were completely sealed off with super thick plastic, virtually blocking out all daylight and rendering the deck off the MBR completely useless. The property manager said that the construction was going to last up to a year. Yeah, I can't live with that - especially since I work from home. So the search - and my OCD stress about it - continues. Wish us luck.

3 comments:

  1. Linda2:46 AM

    Those pictures are beautiful! I especially love that first one with the deck.



    Sorry about your stress issues. I know what that is like for sure. I haven't found a fool proof way to get around it. Win the lottery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got snow! That's lucky!

    I really enjoyed your pictures from your trip. Tofino is honestly one of my favourite places in the world.

    Happy New Year, and good luck with your search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I loved following your Instagram pictures while you were in Tofino. I agree, you look very happy and content. I hate that the crushing reality is heading home to Oakland...here's to hoping it'll change soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ....