Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SEPTEMBER = CRAZY

Wow, this month is just flying by.

First we spent a week in Kauai. That was awesome.

Two days after we got back I flew to Portland for work. On the way back I flew in to Santa Rosa instead of Oakland so that we could attend a wedding near Mendocino. It was a beautiful, intimate event and I'm so glad we were able to make it work.

















The remaining pictures of me dancing are ... not lovely. Since our 10 year anniversary in February I've gained back an additional ten of the 30 pounds I had lost, so now I'm only down ten pounds in total. These pictures make it quite evident that most of that weight is being carried in my face, gut, and arms. I need to do something about this. I know someone that had lap band surgery. If I wasn't such a chicken sh*t, I'd probably go that route ... but I don't do well with medical procedures.

I know this because I'm currently recuperating from one. So, I had to have a wisdom tooth pulled. I had three of them pulled when I was 16. I was under the impression that all four had been pulled at the time but clearly that is not the case. So here I am, 35 years old with a giant hole in my jaw. I went under sedation because hello, those teeth are as big around as my fingers and no way was I going to be awake for that. I came to and felt dizzy and nauseated. Standard. I came home and slept most of the day. last night I started to feel sore, but nothing terrible. This morning? Holy hell. I hurt. I can barely open my jaw. My mouth feels off-kilter. 

Next week we're both traveling for work in one capacity or another. Next weekend we're going up to wine country for a wine club event and then next thing you know it's October. And then it'll be November and all the awesomeness that comes with Autumn and I can for realz start counting down the days until our trip to Tofino.  Last year we went to New Orleans for Thanksgiving. I'm trying to put something together for this year but it doesn't look like it's going to work out. I was hoping we could rent a cabin in Tahoe for Wed - Sunday but those crazy effers up there have a five night minimum and these places are expensive. A small two bedroom cabin that was updated before 1995 costs $2700 for those five nights. Anything nice? Well over $3k for the week. We could fly to Italy and spend a week in a four-star hotel Rome, Venice, or Florence for less than that. Remind me again why I would do that?