Sunday, September 02, 2012

KAUAI DAY 1

I'm not sure why I bother bringing cameras on vacation anymore. I'd say easily 80% of the pictures I take are done so with my iPhone. It's just so much easier, and yeah, I love those damn Instagram filters.












We left for the airport at 5:30 a.m., and arrived on Kauai at 9:40 a.m. local time. We had some difficulties getting the car we had pre-paid for, so we tooled around Lihue - Macy's, random sporting/swim/skater/surfer shops - before stopping in Costco and then heading back to the airport to pick up our car. The condo wasn't ready until 4 p.m. so we used the pool's bathroom to change into swimsuits before heading down to Tunnels Beach for a couple of hours. We came back, went to Foodland - I seriously love that grocery store in this location! - grilled up some ono and then promptly passed out at 8 p.m.