Friday, May 25, 2012

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

Most people I know are getting ready to head out for the long weekend for sun, sand, and bbq. Not so for us. We boarded a flight this morning at 6 a.m. and touched down in cold, snowy Bozeman, Montana. Yup. SNOW. I am beyond giddy.

  





We rented a house in the historic downtown area, within walking distance of Main Street (that's not it, above - that's a random house on the walk from breakfast back to the house while it was snowing like mad). The house is adorable. So cozy and welcoming. This is the second time we've rented from Mountain Home Vacations and I wholeheartedly recommend them if you're ever up in this area. Great service, great properties. 





A winter weather advisory was called earlier this afternoon for the area. They're calling for 10-12 inches of snow at elevations of 8000 feet or higher (we're not), and 4-6 around the area. Keep your fingers crossed for us! I'm one of the few people you know that would rather be cold than hot. I'm a weirdo, I know.

For dinner we went to Montana Ale Works and had a fabulous hamburger. It makes such a difference when you're eating local, organic beef. It's all about terroir, people! (I jest ... but not.)