Sunday, May 27, 2012

LAST DAY IN BOZEMAN

The only thing we had planned for today was cooking dinner for my mom and her husband, which was good since the weather did not cooperate at all. I woke up around 8:30 a.m. to find about an inch of snow on the ground. It was already starting to melt and the streets were completely clear. I made coffee and about an hour later most of the snow was gone. I found a house on Trulia this morning that I kind of loved so before going to the grocery store to pick up bison & beef for dinner (chili) we went in search of it. Unfortunately we couldn't find the street that Google Maps told us to turn on so instead we just drove around checking out the area. We drove through Bridger Canyon, and continued on up to the entrance to Bridger Bowl Ski Resort, 15 miles outside of Bozeman. It was clear most of the way there, but about five miles out from the resort we noticed the roads had been salted and the snow was starting to accumulate. It was such a pretty drive. We turned back around to encounter more rain, and then spent the rest of the afternoon futzing around the house - I finished a book, we started the chili, and Alan played games. It was good spending time with my mom and her husband. Renting houses while we're here is such a better idea than getting a motel room because it really allows you to be comfortable and feel like you're at home. And I really do love this house.