Thursday, April 26, 2012

REMEMBER WHEN

Remember when I posted that I'd lost 30 pounds since last July?

Well, I'm sad to say that is no longer true. Let's just go ahead and change that number to 20 pounds and admit that since we went to Hawaii I've been eating pretty much anything I want and I've gained back 10 pounds. I blame it on potatoes and rice - the two carbs that don't seem to exacerbate my GERD.

But ... we've got another trip to Hawaii coming up at the end of the summer so I need to get my arse back in gear. Starting in May we're going back to eating a Paleo+ lifestyle. The one exception to this is that I'm going to continue to drink alcohol because ... well ... I actually like the flavor. I just need to be smart about when I drink it and how much. For instance, I probably don't need two beers every day (one while cooking and one while eating). Yeah, not the best weight loss regimen there.