Tuesday, March 13, 2012

TINY UPDATE TO MY OFFICE SPACE

Since I started working from home (a year ago tomorrow) I've been bereft of a cork board and calendar. About six weeks ago I picked up a package of four cork tiles from Target for $7.99, and placed an order for what I thought was a huge calendar from One Kings Lane. The calendar arrived and it was much smaller than I had anticipated - especially for the price - but still very lovely.

This weekend I opened the cork board and was really disappointed with the quality. First, it's thin - thumbtacks go all the way through it and hit the wall. It's also very flimsy. One of the corners of one tile has already crumbled off. At $7.99 it's a fine intermediate fix but I think at some point I'll need to pony up some cash for a heavy duty framed cork board, or make one myself using much thicker tiles.

If you'll recall, this is what the space looked like before:



And here's that wall now: