Thursday, March 08, 2012

OMFG - SEATTLE DREAM HOUSE

It's probably no surprise to anyone that's been reading for awhile that I'm kind of obsessed with real estate, and in general, house gazing. From the time I was a kid I've been fascinated with houses and how people live. In fact, my mom used to take me to model home open houses so that I could walk around and talk about what I would do if I lived there. I was six.

Fast forward 29 years and I still keep my eyes peeled for houses I can walk through and think about what I would do if I lived there. Of course, with the advent of the internet this has become so much easier because I can do it from the comfort of my own home (no need to get dressed up so agents think I'm a real buyer!). And with sites like Trulia (probably my favorite online real estate portal), I can travel the country looking for houses I'd love to live in. The great thing about Trulia is that you can "follow" a house and it will send you updates when similar houses in similar neighborhoods come on the market. Every morning before I start work I look at what's new and play a little game with myself - "do I like that better than my house?" I'm happy to say that in a lot of apples to apples cases the answer is no. After all, I do love my house. 

But I'd be lying if I said I only kept an eye on apples to apples comparisons. I mean, where's the fun in that? So yeah, I like to look at dream properties too. One location that I've kept my eyeballs on is Bainbridge Island, across the Puget Sound from Seattle. I love Seattle, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. But I also love the idea of living a slower life on an island, close to the water. Of course, unless the house in this dream is a rundown fisherman's shack, it comes with a hefty price tag. 

But just how hefty of a price tag? Well in this case of this OH MY GOD THIS HOUSE IS TOO AMAZING FOR WORDS house, $8.88 million. But check it out - it's a thing of incomparable beauty.

 
 
 
 
Why yes, that is Seattle across the way.
 
 
Is it just me or does this foyer look just a little bit like that of The Grayson's house from Revenge?