Tuesday, December 20, 2011

CASACAUDILL CHRISTMAS TOUR

While the Christmas tree has been up for a couple of weeks now, I hadn't gotten around to taking pictures because the dining table also served as laundry central and then present wrapping central. I managed to clean the house the other day and was actually quite pleased with how everything looked together.

The dining room is where we put our tree because it has the most space and can be seen from our living room (and from the street). I do the most decorating in that room with just a few touches of Christmas thrown in around the house. For instance, in the living room window I hang a pine pomander. I've also already shown the mantel a couple of days ago.

One of the things I struggle with is the disparity between the two rooms. This year's mantel is very rustic and eclectic with bits & baubles from around the house whereas the dining room follows a more colorful theme due to the Amy Butler paper chain I made a few years ago and absolutely love. It's somewhat on its last leg though so maybe next year I'll make a pine cone garland for the tree and extend the woodland theme into the dining room? Of course then I'd have to change my ornaments as well, so there's lots to think about. In the meantime, I really do love this room, even if it's not cohesive.

So without further ado, it's Christmas time at casacaudill.















Linking up to the following tree parties:
Thrifty Decor Chick
The Nester's 2011 Christmas Tour of Homes
a' la mode holiday home highlights
The Inspired Room's 2011 Christmas Homes Tour
Cottage & Vine's Room by Room Christmas Tour

14 comments:

  1. Sixtyfifthavenue1:13 PM

    Your home is gorgeous! And so full of old world charm...just how I like em. You got some fantastic shots of your pretty tree, I know that is hard to do when its in front of all those windows.

    Your trip to New Orleans brought back nice memories of a trip my husband and I took there before we had the little one.  Have a wonderful Christmas!

    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  2. melissa@joyineveryseason1:54 PM

    I love your paper garland on your dining room tree ... everything is very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Usher3:14 PM

    I love the decor - the place looks fantastic. :) Wishing you guys a very happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol3:50 PM

    Beautiful decor---makes me feel "right at home".....have a great holiday season! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks fantastic. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it.  Wish mine looked half as good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe when the kids are older. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Carol for the kind words. Happy holidays to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jen! We need to get together after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the kind comment Melissa. I had a bunch of Amy Butler paper sitting around the house from when I tried scrapbooking a couple a years ago. I decided to do some crafts at the holidays and that's what I ended up with. That was a couple of years ago and I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Londen! When we first walked into our house in 2006 I knew we had to live here. That old world charm just sucked me right in. 

    Have a wonderful holiday season as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cottageandvine5:22 AM

    Your home is cozy and festive!  My eyes went right to the hutch as I want to paint mine black.  I just might do it now.  Thanks so much for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jennifer Usher10:05 AM

    Agree. Let's actually make it happen this time! :) Happy holidays to the Caudills - our cards are being mailed today/tomorrow (we're a smidge behind) so wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas before the actual holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ....