Friday, November 04, 2011

FYI - GOOGLE+ INTEGRATION WITH BLOGGER

The other day I clicked on a link asking me if I wanted to integrate my blogger account with my Google+ account. I've been using Google+ more and more as a way of having conversations with friends (instead of email or Facebook), so I thought it sounded like a good idea. That is, until I went to comment on someone's blog and saw that my name was no longer listed as casacaudill but rather my name. When I clicked on the link it took me to my Google+ page with my name, my employer, and all of my posts. Also, you remember how when you'd click on someone's name in the comments section and at the very top of their page would be a short bio and a link to their blog and all the blogs they follow? Gone. Poof. Adios. Needless to say, I was kind of freaked out - especially as I try to keep my professional and personal life pretty separate on the crazy old internets. Unfortunately as far as I can tell there is no way to unlink the two accounts.

So, I've edited my public profile and added my blog to the page, but it's kind of hard to find.


As Google tries more and more to become a social computing platform (instead of just the world's largest search provider) I'm sure you're going to see this happening more frequently to the bloggers you're used to interacting with. Hopefully my early folly will be a lesson to everyone on at least being able to find the information we all care about.