Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oven cleaning goes wrong

We've been having some issues with our oven reaching the desired temperature as quickly as it should. In some instances we have to turn off the oven and start over (this always works). It hasn't reached "dire" status, but it's definitely annoying. Realizing that we haven't once used the "oven cleaning" cycle on the stove since we got it, we decided to run it to see if that helped.

Now, today is a cold, gray day. Running the oven for 2-3 hours on a cold day has it's benefits - warmth being the biggest (obviously). The down side to doing the cleaning cycle on a cold day is that you don't necessarily want to open your windows because, well, it's cold out there and you don't want all that cold air inside. But I'm here to tell you - OPEN YOUR WINDOWS.

Good lord that oven cleaning STINKS. We didn't open our windows until about 1.5 hours in and now our whole house stinks. Worse? My eyes are BURNING. So, regardless of how warm & toasty this will make you, I feel I'd be remiss if I didn't advise you: the warmth to stink ratio is not sufficient. Open those windows. And not just a few. Open all of them! I wish we had.

For now, I'm leaving the house. I can't take the stank anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff Radnor1:07 PM

    Wow. That has been a really bad scenario. Sorry. I've tried some service that maybe can help you. They are called Oven Cleaning London and they did a great job with my oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. karly mittens10:48 PM

    There is so much emphasis today on the environment. If you
    can use a cleaning product that is good to the environment, as well good to
    your health, that’s even better. Besides, think how much less garbage we’d have
    without all those empty cleaning product bottles.Oven Cleaning brisbane | Oven Cleaning Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ....