Sunday, May 08, 2011

New Series: The Week in Pictures

There are a lot of things that go on throughout the week that I document in pictures, but I don't necessarily think are worth their own post, so I've decided at the end of each week to post a series of photos I've taken throughout the week with a short snippet about what was going on, or why the picture was taken. While not individually interesting, I figure a snapshot like this will give folks a little insight into what happens in and around casacaudill when no one's watching.


I got all of my hair chopped off on Tuesday evening after work. It's a cut I've had before so while it's drastic, it's not really drastic for me. Unfortunately my mother-in-law told me today that no one but me actually likes my hair. Ouch.


What would the week be without several different pictures of Dakota. I can't help it; I just love this little girl to bits. My friends had to say goodbye to their furbaby this week and it just brought home all the emotions I experienced when we had to put Miles down a couple of years ago. I just want to snuggle with this girl all day long. Thankfully as she gets older she's becoming quite the snuggle bug, even jumping into bed with us every so often.


A couple of summers ago (maybe even last year?) after failing at making homemade pizza in the oven I got the brilliant idea to make it out on the grill. Wouldn't you know, this is the absolute best way to make pizza! The crust browns up nicely and you get a really nice bottom that we just couldn't achieve in the stove. It's almost like the fancy wood-fired pizza you get at restaurants. Our favorite is a white pizza with garlic, prosciutto, tomatoes and arugula on top.


There were a lot of strange noises the other evening because the wind had picked up and the ugly boxwoods in front of our house were smacking against the house. Dakota was running around, interest piqued, investigating what was going on.


If ever you have wondered, this photo is all the confirmation you'll need. We are nerds. We absolutely loved Battlestar Gallactica (the TV series). And we love game nights with our friends Seppo & Ei-Nyung. Last night we stayed up until 1 a.m. playing. I was Starbuck because I like chicks that kick ass. Before we started we were all joking about who was going to be the Cylon. I said that if I was the Cylon they'd know because I'd be giggling. Well, I drew the card, took a deep breath, tried to keep a straight face ... and busted out laughing. We had to start over and the guy who is forever is the Cylon drew BOTH cards of the night. It's his destiny.


As everyone in the U.S. knows, today was Mothers Day. Because Alan is a dutiful son, we took his mom & dad to dim sum out on the water. It's been awhile since we've gone to restaurant dim sum - we usually get it "to go" from a little whole in the wall place in Oakland's Chinatown and bring it home to eat. I really liked the food, but I have to admit I did kind of miss the carts.


When the temperatures rise, I want nothing more than an ice cold beer. Last weekend at Trader Joe's I got a hankering for Red Stripe, which we drank in bulk while in Ocho Rios last year. I texted this picture to my bestie - we're hoping to get a trip to Negril on the books for Q1 2013. I already know where I want to stay: Couples Swept Away in Negril. If it's anything like Couples Sans Souci it'll be paradise.

And that's our week.