Tuesday, January 18, 2011

is there a doctor in the house?

It's been a month since I've felt well. ONE WHOLE MONTH!

It all started on 12/17 when I went to bed nauseated. On 12/18, I spent some time acting out scenes from The Exorcist.

And then we went to Ohio and I caught whatever stomach bug Nora had at the time. I've been told that once you get one strain of the flu, you can't get it again. Apparently California and Ohio have different strains going on because just a week later and I was down for the count again. Days later I had a sore throat, extreme sinus pressure, fever, exhaustion and a cough that made me sound - and feel - like an 80 year old with emphazema.

And here I am on 1/17 - a whole month later - still sick, and still feeling like crap. Oh sure, I have good days. But I also have terrible days. The terrible days are usually immediately following the days I feel well and seemingly overdo it. Today is one of those days. I haven't stopped coughing since I woke up. I have absolutely no energy and my body hurts.

I've got a request in to the doctor to see if they can give me something to make this all go away. I've tried Nyquil, Dayquil, neti pot, steam, garlic, ginger, and a plethora of other remedies to try to get better to no avail. I'm calling in the professionals because this can't go on.