Tuesday, January 18, 2011

coming over from typepad

I've been wanting to ditch Typepad for awhile, but not unless I could somehow re-claim my old blogger "casacaudill" web address. After a year of trying - and failing - to do so I gave up and just accepted that Typepad was going to have to be my blog's home. At $189/year it was a tough pill to swallow, especially since I knew Google had done a significant upgrade on the Blogger platform and I could have the exact same look and feel on Blogger for free. Seems like a no brainer, no? So imagine my surprise when I logged in today and in the FAQ saw the exact question I'd been asking for so long addressed toward the top of the page. A few quick clicks and voila - casacaudill is mine again!

Cheers all around!

I spent the morning customizing the layout so that it's essentially what I have at Typepad - minus the yellow flowered background - and have copied over two recent blog posts to play around in the compose feature to see how it all looks when it's up and on the web. After learning a few tricks to remove borders from images (whew!) and make sure my photos are posted at the size I intend, I'm really happy with it all.

So now, without further ado, I'll be moving our blogging over here full time.