Monday, January 28, 2013

STARTING OVER

We had a long talk with our Realtor yesterday. (Side note: Remember, this is a guy Alan's known for 20 years. They hang out when we're not in buy/sell mode. He's a great guy, and has our best interest in mind.) I feel better about our situation, and it looks like all of the problems we've been having come down to miscommunication and a missed step at the beginning of this whole process. So we're going to go back to square one, start over with the stager, and move on. I'm hoping this will alleviate a lot of the stress we've found ourselves dealing with (six more gray hairs!). I told the Realtor what my expectations of client services is - you know, having been in client services for over 10 years - and what my expectations are for communications. So hopefully that'll alleviate any further miscommunications between the stager and ourselves. We've set a budget for getting this house ready for sale. We've told our Realtor what number we need to hit so that we're not paying someone to take the house. I think we're all on the same page. Keep your fingers crossed for us!