Monday, November 21, 2011

FAVORITE TABLESCAPES

We're not going to be around this Thanksgiving, but I didn't want to miss out on Kim's Dare to Entertain link party, so I'm posting pictures of my favorite tablescapes from holidays past.

Dare to DIY

I thought about prettying up our table for a quick photo shoot, but (1) I kind of thought that was cheating a bit, (2) it sounded like a lot of work, (3) with out ongoing painting a lot of stuff is on the table and I'm too lazy to move it somewhere else.

While I don't go as glitzy and glamorous as some of the holiday settings I've seen out there, I do think we clean up nicely when we have guests over for important meals. Because we live in a craftsman bungalow, I like to incorporate natural elements in my decorations, and in keeping with the aesthetics of the craftsman movement, focus on simplicity over all else. 

With that in mind, here are my favorite tablescapes over the years.

2009

2008

2007


[I also linked up to Layla's tablescape party on December 5]
The Lettered Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Kim@Newlywoodwards5:37 PM

    Wow! So pretty! I am mostly taken by those tomato/mozzarella/basil appetizers. As in, my stomach is now growling. Yummy!

    (Also - sorry for the delay in commenting. For some reason, my mobile wouldn't let me comment. Thanks for linking up!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that was the best looking - and tasting - spread we've ever had out for a holiday. We had a lot of people that year so it made sense to go wild with the food.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ....