Wednesday, October 05, 2011

YOU'LL BE MISSED, MR. JOBS


I admit it - I hated Mac users for a long time. The maniacal devotion? The smug superiority? You can have it. 


And then the iPhone came out and there were lines around the block. $500 for a phone? Are you effing nuts? Ha! Idiots. What's so great about that phone? 


And then I picked it up at the Apple store and everything changed. 


It was genius. I'd never seen anything like it. My phone, games, music, and a camera in my pocket? Are you kidding me? I'll take one! 


And from that point on, the way I communicate - with friends, family, co-workers, and the world - changed. I could do my job much more efficiently. Communicating with my friends in far-off states via Facebook and Twitter was simple in a way it hadn't been before. 


I was untethered. 


And photos? Let's just say the majority of my Flickr photo stream went from being taken on a bulky Nikon D70 to an iPhone 3GS and then my beloved iPhone 4. 


The iPhone allowed me to capture my life, on the go, in real-time. It was brilliant. 


Steve Jobs was brilliant. He'll be missed.