So, I finally bought a rug for our kitchen from Rugs USA. I don't know if I love it yet (mostly because it hasn't arrived), but I'll post pics when I get it.
I've also been obsessing over a hallway runner. I've looked at Persian rugs, Ikats, Afghan, sisal, etc. And I've found probably 100 different ones I like, but nothing that was the combination of perfect size with perfect look.
Then today I found a rug that was so far from anything I thought I wanted, but I really, really, really wanted it. And the price is pretty decent. I'm tempted. Oh so tempted. The problem? It's brown & cream. Our condo is an explosion of beige right now. I was using rugs to inject some life & personality. But it's gorgeous, no?
Also, I may have "accidentally" bid on this rug for the area where our dining nook will eventually reside once we finish packing and arranging. I never win eBay bids, so we'll see.

Thanks so much for sharing these pictures. I just moved into a new house and I think that getting some hallway runners is the way to go to spruce up my floors. But just like you, I have to find the right design that is going to match the ambiance of my rooms.
ReplyDeleteI know that feeling—sometimes the rug you never expected becomes the one you can't stop thinking about! A brown and cream runner can still bring plenty of character if it has a beautiful pattern, and it'll likely stand the test of time. Fingers crossed you win the eBay rug too—can't wait to see how both pieces come together in your space!
ReplyDelete