Friday, September 26, 2014

What I Read This Week

read(via)


I feel like a lot of news, articles, and blog posts that I read this week were a total bummer, so it was a struggle to find articles that I thought were worth sharing with y'all. Still, all was not lost. There was actually some great stuff out there, i just had to dig deep to find it.

In addition to the articles below, I may have actually stalked the Twitter feeds of Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe who play Jamie and Claire on Starz's Outlander. I'm kind of obsessed. No, not kind of. Totally. Totally obsessed.

What was I saying? Oh right. Articles, blogs, and news. Here ye be.

ANTHONY BOURDAIN HAS BECOME THE FUTURE OF CABLE NEWS, AND HE COULDN'T CARE LESS - Fast Company

Generation X’s journey from jaded to sated - Salon

Jon Favreau Movie Spawning Actual Restaurant With Roy Choi - Eater
I really, really, really loved Chef so I'm wishing this place much success.)

How to Name Your Blog – How to Start a Blog in 5 Steps Pt. 1 - The Domestic Front (@KateCWheeler)

Here's How Much You Need To Make To Be In The Top 1% In Your State - Business Insider

Andreessen goes on epic tweet storm, advises tech community to “worry” - Reuters PE Hub

Looking Through Bulletproof Windows - The MMBQ
The title doesn't give you much to go on, but this is an in-depth article into how a Pittsburgh Steeler spends his time volunteering at a Pittsburgh shelter for battered and abused women.

21 Photos Of Nature Winning The Battle Against Civilization - Bored Panda

Mythbusters Proves Most Airlines Board Planes All Wrong - Flight Club Jalopnik

OMFG: Science Says A Glass Of Red Wine May Be Equivalent To An Hour At The Gym - Elite Daily