Thursday, October 13, 2011

INSTAGRAM

I think by now you can tell I'm a huge fan of Instagram. Since I first heard about the app several months ago I've been using it almost exclusively to snap & share photos from my iPhone. I even have a Tumblr set up to capture all of these photos (I realized last year I wouldn't be able to keep up with a Project 365 photo blog so this was a great alternative to still document the photos in my life).

Earlybird was my early favorite filter. And then I started loving Hefe. Then Nashville. Now I'm kind of all about the new filter, Valencia. Looking back over the year so far, I have several favorites.









Apparently Istagram also encourages worldwide meet-ups of its users. Now, I'm a bit anti-social (I love my super secret Internet friends but am not so big on actually hanging out with people), so the idea of just sitting around a cafe, talking to people I don't know, gives me the heebie-jeebies. But apparently there are a few cities that do photo scavenger hunts. Everyone shows up at the same place, at the same time, gets the list of things to take a picture of in the city, and they let you loose. That sounds really fun to me, and a great way to get to see your location in a very unconventional light. I'd love to do something like that in Oakland. I wonder how I'd go about finding out if there's something like that already set up. I must look into this.

Do you all use Instagram? If so, I'd love to see your pics (assuming I'm not already following you in the app).

2 comments:

  1. Linda8:46 AM

    Love your photos!

    I only got an iphone last month, so I haven't been using it for too long. But I really like to use it as a kind of journal of regular life. I don't use it for fancy photography yet, but for the everyday snapshot kind of thing, I love it. My signature is lindsan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how easy documenting everyday happenings has become with the iPhone. My one complaint about the Instagram community though is that there are several people that will upload edited DSLR photos into their feed and there's no way an iPhone photo is ever going to be able to compete with that. So it takes some of the fun out of seeing what people can come up with on the go.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ....