Sunday, October 09, 2011

ACTUAL LAST HARVEST

It's a warm October day here in the Bay Area so we decided to take advantage of the weather by pulling up the garden and harvesting more figs. We were able to locate several more tomatoes that were worth harvesting. With the help of a ladder we also divested the fig tree of a giant bowl full of figs. Some are huge and ready to eat now and others will need a couple of days to fully ripen. I did come across a few figs that would have been great but when I went to pick them the other sides were eaten away. You know the culprit was that fat squirrel I wrote about the other day.


I'm not sure what else I'm going to accomplish today. We went to a party last night at my friend's house and despite the fact that we were home and in bed by midnight I drank way more than I normally do and today has been rough. I also ate some foods that I shouldn't so I woke up at 6 a.m. with chest pains and other GERD problems. It's an Excedrin day, to be sure.